Sunday, March 3, 2013

Have Your Cake...





I really love to bake, but I seem to make the same recipes over and over so when I saw this recipe for Chocolate Raspberry Layer Cake I figured I would give it a shot. I know it's cheating but I really liked how it included box cake mix because honestly I have yet to find a chocolate cake recipe that come out as good as boxed mix. 

Overall, I was very pleased with the way the cake came out visually...I've never made a cake that looked like this and I even impressed myself by making the chocolate shavings on top! (Hint: Just use a vegetable peeler and a really good chocolate bar, I used Valrhona) I'm not sure I would ever make it again as it was more chocolate than I usually care for but it's definitely easy and looks impressive. 

-Love, Peace & Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment