Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Easy Like Sunday Morning...







There is something I just love about getting up early on a Sunday, grabbing coffee and heading off to a flea market. Maybe it's the excitement of never knowing what treasures you may find, seeing something that you have looked forever to find or just my love of looking at cool old items. Last Sunday I went to one of my favorite flea markets and had an amazing day. I pulled out one of my favorite vintage t's for the occasion, this t epitomizes everything I love about wearing vintage with it's haphazard holes and worn in to perfection. My first stop was at my favorite jewelry vendor whose pieces range from ethnic beaded necklaces, gold and silver bangles and my personal favorite, bulky costume jewelry. I ended up picking up two necklaces and a pair of earrings which fit perfectly into my eclectic mix of accessories. I have been looking for a bigger "statement" cross necklace for some time now and was thrilled to find this piece. The rhinestone snake pendant is freakishly similar to a Kenneth Jay Lane one I wanted on Shopbop around Christmas time but never pulled the trigger on, and I thought the earrings would be a great classic look for an upcoming wedding I have in the Spring with a perfect little black dress for a Parisian look.

Vintage Grateful Dead T/Grass Jeans/Yves Saint Laurent Bag/Vintage suede boots

No comments:

Post a Comment